South Indian Chicken Biryani
- 300 m Chicken – cleaned, washed and marinated with little turmeric powder for 20 minutes
- 3 cup basmati rice (or) seeraga samba rice – soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1 and 1.2 tsp coriander powder
- 4-5 tbsp peanut oil
- Marinate chicken with little turmeric powder and keep aside for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare masala paste by grinding shallots, green chilies, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and star anise to coarse paste. Do not add water while grinding. Keep it aside.
- Take a pot or pressure cooker. Heat 4-5 tbsp oil. Add chopped onions and cook for a while. Now, add chopped tomatoes and cook it covered for a minute. Mash the pulp. Add ground masala paste, turmeric powder and marinated chicken.